University District Homes for Sale
Included below are homes for sale in University District. If you would like more information on any of these University District real estate listings, just click the "Request More Information" button when viewing the details of that property. We can provide you with disclosures, past sales history, dates and prices of homes recently sold nearby, and more.
And, if you haven't already, be sure to register for a free account so that you can receive email alerts whenever new University District listings come on the market.
Also known as “Harewood,” this neighbourhood centered around University Village Mall lies between Vancouver Island University and downtown. There’s a strong spirit of community in the area, which is made up of students and families living in affordable apartments and modest homes that range from 1920s bungalows to split-levels.
The University District is within walking distance of the university and only a few minutes’ drive or bus ride from the downtown waterfront’s shops and restaurants. Staying active is convenient with the aquatic centre, ice centre and several parks with hiking trails nearby.
- Georgia Avenue Elementary
- Fairview Elementary
- John Barsby Secondary School
- Nanaimo District Secondary School (French immersion; academies – hockey, lacrosse, soccer & beach volleyball)
Parks & Recreation
- Bowen Park – waterfall, trails, outdoor pool, lawn bowling & programs
- Nanaimo Aquatic Centre
- Nanaimo Ice Centre
- Colliery Dam Park – swimming hole & paved trails
- Morrell Nature Sanctuary – trails link to Westwood Lake Park
- Buttertubs Marsh Park – birdwatching & loop trail
- Pryde Vista Golf Course (public)
Shops & Services
- University Village Mall – Quality Foods & Shoppers Drug Mart
- Caledonian Medical Clinic
- Library – downtown branch
- Hospital: 9 min.
- Downtown: 6 min.
- North end: 15 min.
- Vancouver Island University: 2 min.
- Nanaimo Airport: 15 min.