Extension Homes for Sale
Included below are homes for sale in Extension. If you would like more information on any of these Extension real estate listings, just click the "Request More Information" button when viewing the details of that property. We can provide you with disclosures, past sales history, dates and prices of homes recently sold nearby, and more.
And, if you haven't already, be sure to register for a free account so that you can receive email alerts whenever new Extension listings come on the market.
Just beyond Chase River at the south end of Nanaimo is the rural Extension Road area, marked by the ridges and gentle slope of the Cinnabar Valley. It’s a small community of residents who live in subdivisions or own large lots with beautiful views over vast swaths of undeveloped land. Many families can trace their roots to the coal miners that once worked here.
Extension Road leads to the Nanaimo River, a popular area with swimming holes and endless wilderness hiking trails. From Extension Road and the Cinnabar Valley neighbourhood it’s only a 10-minute drive to downtown but the area’s Southgate Shopping Centre has most of the essential shops and services Extensioners need.
- Cinnabar Valley Elementary
- Chase River Elementary
- Park Avenue Elementary
- Cedar Elementary School
- Cedar Secondary School
Parks & Recreation
- Extension Ridge – earthquake fissure and “The Abyss” mountain bike trails
- Nanaimo River – swimming, fishing, salmon spawning in fall
- Richards Marsh Park – nature trail and bird watching
- Elaine Hamilton Park – sports fields and fieldhouse
- Chase River Estuary Park – boardwalk trails over tidal marshes
- Hemer Provincial Park – forested hiking trails and lake
Shops & Services
- Southgate Shopping Centre – Country Grocer
- Emerald Medical Clinic
- Coastal Community Credit Union
- Library – downtown branch
- Hospital: 15 min.
- Downtown: 10 min.
- North end: 22 min.
- Vancouver Island University: 12 min.
- Nanaimo Airport: 11 min.