Departure Bay Homes for Sale
Included below are homes for sale in Departure Bay. If you would like more information on any of these Departure Bay real estate listings, just click the "Request More Information" button when viewing the details of that property. We can provide you with disclosures, past sales history, dates and prices of homes recently sold nearby, and more.
And, if you haven't already, be sure to register for a free account so that you can receive email alerts whenever new Departure Bay listings come on the market.
On a hillside that ascends from the crescent Departure Bay beach, this neighbourhood offers stunning views of the ocean, Newcastle Island, and the Coast Mountains. Residents enjoy active views of the bay with ferries and floatplanes coming and going throughout the day.
The Departure Bay neighbourhood, less than a 10-minute drive from downtown, offers easy access to nature. The beach is within walking distance for many residents, who also enjoy hikes to the top of Sugarloaf Mountain and through the ravine at Beach Estates Park. Departure Bay is also home to convenient shopping at Brooks Landing and Country Club Centre.
- Departure Bay Elementary
- Cilaire Elementary
- Rock City Elementary
- École Océane (private French immersion)
- Wellington Secondary School (incl. Jazz Academy)
Parks & Recreation
- Departure Bay – beach, playground & splash park
- Beach Estates Park – ravine, waterfall & hiking trails
- Sugarloaf Mountain Park – rocky bluff above the bay
- Beban Park – indoor pool/fitness centre, sports fields & ice arena
- Linley Valley – undeveloped forest with creeks, ponds & trails
- Nanaimo Golf Club – private golf club
Shops & Services
- Brooks Landing – Home Hardware, Staples, Save On Foods
- Country Club Centre – Best Buy, Save On Foods
- Rock City Centre – restaurants & services
- Wellington Medical Clinic
- Library – Wellington branch
- Hospital: 5 min.
- Downtown: 8 min.
- North end: 12 min.
- Vancouver Island University: 12 min.
- Nanaimo Airport: 22 min.