Chase River Homes for Sale
Included below are homes for sale in Chase River. If you would like more information on any of these Chase River real estate listings, just click the "Request More Information" button when viewing the details of that property. We can provide you with disclosures, past sales history, dates and prices of homes recently sold nearby, and more.
And, if you haven't already, be sure to register for a free account so that you can receive email alerts whenever new Chase River listings come on the market.
Just south of the University District and downtown, the Chase River area is a beautiful rural landscape with large residential lots and farms that spread out from a small retail center. It’s only five minutes from downtown and 10 minutes from the Duke Point ferry terminal yet it feels far removed from city life.
Three creeks run through the area to the Chase River Estuary, offering residents plenty of opportunities to spot wildlife from trail networks. Southgate Shopping Centre is a community hub with shops and services that allow residents to take care of the essentials without having to make a trip into town.
- Chase River Elementary
- Cinnabar Valley Elementary
- Park Avenue Elementary
- Cedar Elementary School
- John Barsby Secondary School
Parks & Recreation
- Chase River Estuary Park – boardwalk trails over tidal marshes
- Nanaimo River Estuary – trails, bird watching & fishing area
- Petroglyph Park – prehistoric rock carvings along a trail
- Colliery Dam Park – swimming hole & paved trails
- Extension Ridge – earthquake fissure & “The Abyss” mountain bike trails
- Hemer Provincial Park – forested hiking trails and lake
Shops & Services
- Southgate Shopping Centre – Country Grocer
- Coastal Community Credit Union
- Library – downtown branch
- Hospital: 13 min.
- Downtown: 8 min.
- North end: 19 min.
- Vancouver Island University: 7 min.
- Nanaimo Airport: 8 min.