Frequently Asked QuestionsFirst Time Buyer's GuideHome Purchase ExpensesHow to Make an Offer6 Mistakes Buyers Make5 Tips to Sell Your HomeQuestions to ask your RealtorHelpful / Community Links
Questions to ask your Realtor
It's true. A great Realtor or broker will love it when they hear these questions.
- How many homes have you sold in your career? In the last five years? In the last 12 months?
- May I have the names and phone numbers of three clients whose homes you've sold in the last six months?
- Will you give me the name and phone number of at least one client whose home you failed to sell in the last six months?
- What will you do to market my home beyond the conventional MLS listing?
- Do you do direct response advertising (ads that use powerful headlines, compelling copy, and an offer and call to action that generates response)?
- If I don't like your performance, may I cancel our listing agreement at any time?
- How long have you sold real estate full time?
- What incentives do you offer other brokers to get them committed to selling my home?
- Is your office fully automated with mobile phone, pager, voice mail, e-mail and fax so we can stay in constant touch? Are you committed to being available?
- Give me three good reasons why I should choose you over all the other reputable agencies in town.
- How much time will you spend prospecting for buyers for my home? How will you do it?